Sunday, December 24, 2006

Wishing All a Merry Christmas

The Eve of Christmas is here. In Charleston, SC the temps are warm, the day gloomy and gray, unlike many winter days in cold climates. While I rush to tidy the house, polish furniture and decorate my red velvet cake, I'd like to take a moment to wish everyone who reads this the Merriest of the Christmas season.

You will note in my postings, I always spell Christmas completely. When I was a child, I wrote Xmas once. My grandmother, a grand lady with strong religious beliefs scolded me when she noticed I had left Christ out of Christmas. Her words made a strong impression on me and I always encourage others to always spell Christmas, not take a short cut.

Perhaps a bit childish on my part, but my grandmother was a strong, impressive and courageous woman who instilled my values and morals. I have much to thank her for and at Christmas time, I try to make a few moments to remember her, while sitting at my window, glancing up in the skyline. Grandma always said whenever I was burdened if I would take a moment, look up into the Heavens and say a silent prayer, my burden would lift. Why? Simple. I've shown thru faith that I know there is a higher power in the Heavens and He is listening, regardless where, or how busy we are.

Today, I wish all of you the Happiest of the seasons, especially at Christmas time. Let us all strive to slow down a bit, to make time to open our hearts to those we love, and those we hardly know. Let us share the warmth of Christmas every day.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: